The following article explains how to configure cPanel. cPanel is a control panel interface used to manage a Virtual Private Server. When you log into cPanel for the first time you will be required to configure settings for your account.
To configure cPanel, please follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and connect to your cPanel Control Panel located at https://ip address:2087.
- Login as the Administrator using the information sent to you in your setup email.
- Under the Welcome message click Next.
- Read the cPanel license agreement and click I Agree.
- Enter the requested information:
- Main Shared Virtual Host IP: enter the IP of your VPS
- Hostname: enter your domain name. If you do not currently have a domain name, you can ignore this field
- Primary Nameserver: enter the primary name server for your domain name; if you are using HostMySite's nameserver, enter ns1.lnhi.net
- Secondary Nameserver: enter the secondary name server for your domain name; if you are using HostMySite's nameserver, enter ns2.lnhi.net
- Tertiary Nameserver: enter the tertiary name server for your domain name; if you are using HostMySite's nameserver, enter ns3.lnhi.net
- Click Save.
- Click Next Step to begin the Initial Quota Scan.
- Click Next Step to continue past the Setup Nameserver screen.
- Click Next Step to continue past the Setup Resolver Config screen.
- For Step 6, enter a root MySQL password and click Change Password.
- Click Finish.
Your cPanel account should now be configured. You may begin adding domains and users as necessary. You only have to complete the above process the first time you log into cPanel.