The following article explains how to park a domain in cPanel. In order to park a domain, you must first allow domain parking. When a user parks a domain name, it is pointed to an existing domain name, after which a DNS zone is created, a mail alias is created, and the configuration files on the server are automatically updated.
To park a domain name, please follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and connect to your cPanel Control Panel located at https://ip address:2087.
- Login as the Administrator using the information sent to you in your setup email.
- Under Account Information, click List Accounts.
- Click the edit icon for the appropriate username.
- Enter the necessary information:
- Max Parked Domains: set to at least 1
- From the DNS Functions section, click Park a Domain.
- Enter the new domain name in the field or choose a predetermined domain name from the list. This is the domain name the parked domain name will point to.
- Enter the domain name you are parking.
- Click Submit.