The following article explains how to create an FTP user in cPanel. You will need to specify the FTP username, password, home directory and quota. The FTP user created will be associated with a specific website configured in cPanel.
To create an FTP user in cPanel, please follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and connect to your cPanel Control Panel located at https://ip address:2087.
- Login as the Administrator using the information sent to you in your setup email.
- From the left side menu, under Account Information, click List Accounts.
- Find the appropriate domain and click the cPanel icon to enter the cPanel Reseller Menu.
- Under Files, click FTP Accounts.
- Enter the requested information:
- Login: enter an FTP username
- Password: enter a strong password or click Generate Password to have a random password generated
- Password (Again): re-enter the password
- Directory: enter the directory the FTP user has access to
- Quota: enter a quota for the FTP user or leave unlimited if you do not want to set a quota
- Click Create FTP Account.