When cPanel is installed, the primary IP address for the server should display a default Apache page within a web browser. When you begin adding websites through cPanel, the first website added may start displaying for the primary IP address. This can be fixed to display the default Apache page by manually modifying the apache configuration file on the server.
To restore the default Apache page, please follow these steps:
- Log into your cPanel web server via Secure Shell (SSH).
- Located the httpd.conf file using the following command:
- Open the httpd config file found in step 2 using the following command:
- Find the first VirtualHost container in the file. It will look similar to the following: (xx.xx.xx.xx will be the primary IP address of your server)
- Above this section, add the following:
- Save and exit the file.
- Test the config file to ensure the text you entered is properly formatted using the following command:
- Assuming the test returns the message Syntax OK, restart Apache using the following command:
The restart of Apache will make your websites unavailable for a few seconds.