The following article explains how to change the root password for cPanel. Please keep a record of the new password.
To change the root password, please follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and connect to your cPanel Control Panel located at https://ip address:2087.
- Login as the Administrator using the information sent to you in your setup email.
- Click Server Configuration.
- Click Change Root Password.
- Enter the new root password.
- Re-enter the new root password.
- Click Change Password.
Note: There is no confirmation request when changing the root password.